Monday, October 14, 2013

Twerking Teddy Bear Reacts to Miley Cyrus VMA Performance: It Was So Degrading!

A dancer who dressed like a giant pink teddy bear and who Twerked behind Miley Cyrus during her Video Music Awards routine has spoken out and expressed deep shame over the routine. 
"I will be the first one to tell you that standing on that stage, in that costume was one of the most degrading things I felt like I could ever do," Hollis Jane wrote on her blog last week. "I realize not everyone shares my opinion and I might just be young and naive, but I feel like the acceptance of this kind of treatment has got to stop."
Jane is one of the little people with whom Cyrus has performed over the past few weeks, from the VMAs to the Today Show stage on Monday.
"For decades, little people have not been taken seriously and we still continue to not be," the dancer wrote. "I had never been in a performance where I was purely meant to be gawked or laughed at. I will never forget that performance because it is what forced me to draw my personal line in the sand."
So why did she go through with it? Money.
Jane said her computer and her car have both been in the shop recently and she has been strapped of for cash.
But Jane was also chosen to accompany Cyrus on her upcoming tour and she has decided it's not worth it.
"I was being stared and laughed at for all of the wrong reasons," she says of the VMAs. "I was being looked at as a prop…as something less than human."

No comments:

Post a Comment